The New Edition




Kye Parker was born on 8/18/2008 at 3:21 pm. He is 9 lbs and 13 oz. By far the craziest experience Annie and I have ever been through together. Annie was induced Sunday night, 8/17 at 5 pm. It wasn't determined if her water broke or not so additional testing had to be done in order for the Doctor to figure out what route to go with the induction. So the actual inducation didn't take place until 10 pm later that night. If my calculations stand correct, that is 17 hours and 21 minutes in labor. OUCH!!! Thats what she said. Later I heard her talking with Julie saying that if it wasn't for an epidural she doesn't think she could do it again. Even though it was a long tough night for her, she did an outsanding job considering she starting pushing at noon making that 3 hours and 21 minutes. I stood by her side the entire time and coached her up the best I can. I didn't do a bad job considering I was just on the sidelines, but you could get her view. That long wait and the hard pushing was all worth it when that clock hit 3:21 pm. A little boy appeared out of nowhere that had lungs sounding like Axl Rose when he hits his high pitch, and looking like............. well you guys could determine that. Annie and I aren't sure who he resembles. Kye Parker cried the entire time he came out up until he was put in his Mommies arm. This includes the nurses doing the test, myself talking to him, and the Grandma's holding him. The only thing in this world our little boy wanted after this unidentified event in his life, was his Mom. And the second he got into her arms he became quiet and content again just like he was back inside.

These past two days of knowing Kye Parker has been the best time of our lives together. He has such an amazing spirit and a certain swagger to him that I still am yet to identify. That best way to explain it is that he just seems so happy to be part of our lives and the feeling is converse. Annie and I our doing great and excited about sharing our expereinces with him. We can't wait for everyone to meet him!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Pastor Bob said...

Congrats! Wow. sounds like a heck of first night. I'll be praying for healing, restful nights and an ample supply of diapers. Hehe. May God bless you all and bring you years of amazing moments. This is just the begining of a new spiritual path for everyone. I look forward to seeing you all in the near future.

J.Chang said...

Hello Mark and Annie,

First things first, congratulation on a beautiful baby boy!!! For awhile I felt as if this day was never going to come for the both of you. I am so happy that you both made it though with such grace and so confident that the both of you will be the best parents, just like your parents were for you.

Annie, the utmost respect for you. It sounded like one heck of an experience. Way to stay strong through the whole thing. Kye Parker will be nothing but joyful moment from now on. Except a few minor detail I'm sure.
j/k : )
I mean, I guess I will give Mark props too for being there, but like he said he was just a sideline coach.

I am so excited for the newest member of the Peterson family. I can hardly wait to see him. He looks like a star already!!!

Hope you have a speedy recovery and have fun with you new baby boy. Best of luck to the both of you. I am sure luck is not necessary.

Love you both and I can not contain the excitement I have for you both.

Your friend,
John Chang

annieoc said...

Mark and Annie. Congratulations! He is so beautiful. Hopefully I can make it out from Arizona and we can get the little cousins together to play sometime before they are in school. I am so happy for you and thrilled to see you both doing so well. You both look great. Welcome to a world of sleepless bliss.
Love,
Annemarie Mulligan